Meet The Doctors
DR. RICARDO SUAREZ
Dr. Ricardo Suarez, DDS a General Dentist (Family & Cosmetic) graduated from the University of Southern California in 1996 earning a Baccalaureate of Arts in Biological Sciences and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery also from the University of Southern California (USC) Ostrow School of Dentistry in 2000.
Upon graduating with his dental degree, Dr. Suarez completed his General Practice Residency at the Miami Veteran's Affair Hospital in 2001. At the Miami VA, Dr. Suarez was taught how do to rotary molar root canals, treatment planning of implants and placement of implants, along with advance surgical techniques in skills in periodontics and oral surgery.
After 4 years of working in private practice and also in union dentistry. Dr. Suarez became owner of a great family dental practice in the city of West Covina, CA 91790. During the time since 2005, Dr. Suarez has received his Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry (F.A.G.D.) in 2011, graduated from Progressive Orthodontics Seminars, volunteered at Pasadena Community College's Dental Hygiene program, and is currently earning his Master's in the Academy of General Dentistry.
- B.A.: University of Southern California, Biological Sciences 1996
- DDS: University of Southern California School of Dentistry 2000
- G.P.R.: General Practice Residency 2001, Miami VA Hospital
- Oral Conscious Sedation
- Level I Laser Certified – Soft Tissue
- Fellowship Award Academy of General Dentistry
- Board Member Southern California Academy of General Dentistry 2012
- Progressive Orthodontics Seminars 2008
- E4D Dental Elements 2010
- American Dental Association, California Dental Association, San Gabriel Valley Dental Society, Academy of General Dentistry
- Continuing Education:
- Has exceeded over 500 hours of continuing education
- Remote Access Medical (R.A.M.) 2009 & 2010
- Give Kids A Smile 2011
- Care Harbor LA – 2012 General Dentist
- Pasadena Community College Dental Hygiene Clinic – Supervising Dentist
DR. IRENE TAM
Dr. Tam graduated magna cum laude with a major in Microbiology and a minor in Dance from UC San Diego. She continued her education at UCLA School of Dentistry, where she received her dental degree graduating summa cum laude. With a strong interest in refining her skills and knowledge in Periodontics, she decided to continue her training at UCLA School of Dentistry for an additional three years, completing a residency in Post Graduate Periodontics and Dental Implant Surgery.
Dr. Tam is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. A Diplomate is a periodontist who has made significant achievements beyond the mandatory educational requirements of the specialty and who is certified by the American Board of Periodontology.
Her professional affiliations include memberships in the American Academy of Periodontology, Western Society of Periodontology, California Society of Periodontists, American Dental Association, California Dental Association, San Gabriel Valley Dental Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, and Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Dr. Tam has served as clinical faculty for the UCLA School of Dentistry and the Dental Hygiene Program at Pasadena City College.
Dr. Tam also spends time lecturing for various dental study groups for continuing education for dentists.
Besides English, Dr. Tam speaks Cantonese. In her spare time, Dr. Tam enjoys dancing, baking, and crafts.